These nuts are amazing and addicting! Good thing they're healthy!
Honey Sweetened Coconut Cashews
2 c. Cashew pieces
1 1/2 c. Coconut (we used sweetened)
1/8 c. plus 1 Tbls. Honey
4-5 Tbls Coconut Oil
1. Melt 1/2 of the coconut oil in a medium fry pan.
2. Add cashews, turn heat to low (but not the lowest setting).
3. Stir almost constantly, until browned (about 10 mins). Be carefull not to over brown, b/c they continue to brown after you take them off the heat from the hot oil.
4. Turn burner off and stir in honey.
5. Pour cashews onto a baking tray to cool.
6. Rinse out pan. Melt remaining coconut oil in pan.
7. turn to low heat, stir in coconut. Watch carefully and continue to stir coconut, until lightly brown. (about 10 mins). Continues to brown and crisp after removed from pan.
8. Mix coconut with cashews. Let sit 15-20 mins or until cool and become crunchy. Enjoy!