Staying up to Date with Project Life Digitally

I have scrapbooked for 22 years and swore, I would never go digital! I'm finding in this fast pace digital age, it's the only way I can keep up with recording my memories! It's quick and easy, it takes me 5 mins every night before I go to bed. I use and love the Collect app, to keep track of every day.

This is what a month looks like in the Collect app. You pick 1 or more photos to add to each day. I personally simplify, by just picking 1 photo to represent each day. This is part of how I stay caught up, it's quick. Then I write a couple of sentences about the day. This is what an individual day looks like when  you click on it.

Sometimes I abbreviate or shorten things to fit more info on the day. (You can print these cute sturdy cards out and they fit right in the small 3x4 pockets in a project life album.) That's what I used to do. To save both time and money, I do it digitally.

I select and copy what I wrote about the day in the Collect app. Then I go to my Project Life app. I open my current page and paste the memories from that day on my Project Life journal card. I make 1 digital Project Life page per week. I pick a layout for each week and 1 journal card to place on the layout. Then I write "Mon"- and paste my Monday memories that I copied from my Collect app. I do this for each day of the week. I also add 1 or more photos from each day on the page (depending on the layout I chose.) If I know I'm going to an even where I will want more pictures that week, I pick a layout that allows for more pictures. Here's a close up look at one of my journal cards for the week on my Project Life page.
I've gotten in the habit of taking the 5 mins each night to do this. I have kept up with it since January of this year. Then, when ever there's a special or when your ready 1x per month or at the end of the year. Simply print out the 12x12 layouts and put them in a 12x12 scrapbook. And you will stay caught up on your precious memories! Here is a completed layout of one week in my life. 
Occasionally, if an event is really important or has allot of pictures, I have done a 2 page layout. But I try to keep it to 1 page most of the time to save time, money and space in the scrapbook. 

Comments