Fabric Scrabooks from old pants




I save old clothes for using in my scrapbooks. I just made these fabric scrapbooks out of an old pair of khaki shorts (4 year old size) and old jeans, my size.

 These were cargo shorts, so they had different size pockets that I used. I love that you can put things in the pockets too, kinda fun! :)
 I cut strips of the fabric and sewed down the middle of it for the ribbon on the rings and the tabs.
 I did allot of stitching, which I think added allot to the look of the album, so worth the time.
 This is the back of the album. I did the pocket backwards, so it looked cute from both ends.

 This is the denim album from my jeans. I left the pockets whole and put paper from an old manila folder cut to size in the pocket with a tab sewn on from the jeans.
 I cut out and used some of my favorite and most interesting parts of the jeans. It was really fun to make!
 I sewed the red "Seven" tag on, to make the back side of this piece more interesting.
 The last page with a pull out page in the big pocket. The pictures can be added to the jean pages by sewing them or using a strong glue such as glue dots.

I'm linking up to these parties...
Craft Couture






Photobucket

Comments

Sarah said…
Sew cute! lol I especially love the album out of the cargo shorts. I want to see one with pictures in it to get a better idea of how it will look finished. I love them!
Chrystie said…
Thanks Sarah, I enjoyed making them! :) I may put pics in one for an example album at the craft fair...we'll see.
Esther Asbury said…
What a creative and fun idea! Never would have thought of it myself -- thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
Very clever! And....I recognize those Sevens! LOL
Jill said…
Oh I LOVE this!! What a creative idea!
I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
I also have a page that I've just started which is dedicated to clothes upcycling projects. It has a long term linky list on it so that I can create a resource that people can come to for inspiration on what to do with their old clothes ! This would be a perfect project to link up! Please do come and take a look!
Have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Chrystie said…
Thanks for the compliments ladies! LOL Katharine! :)
Jill, I linked up to both your parties, thanks for the invites! :) Great Clothes upcycling link! I enjoyed looking at many of the great ideas there!!
Jill said…
Hi there
Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this fun scrapbook on my round tuit post this week!
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2011/04/round-tuit-44.html
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Esther Asbury said…
Featured these today on my "Walk Around Blog Land."
Aw, what cute albums! The pockets and all your extra stitching does make it look cuter. What a cool idea! :)
I agree that these are so CUTE. I want to make one right away. I'll have to scrounge around the house and find some old jeans/pants that I could possibly cut up without someone getting mad at me. :)

Best wishes and thanks for showing us how to do this cute project.

Linda
suzARTe said…
this is just amazing, what a clever idea and it looks fantastic. I am a huge fan of recycling and this is just the ultimate
BEARKIS said…
Wonderful idea!!!Thanks for sharing!!!Have a nice,creative day!!!
Anonymous said…
Resurrecting this post- what a great idea! Thanks for sharing- Im a sucker for scrapbooks/smash books, and I have all these old jeans I've held on to for who knows why- but you've got my head spinning now!
ash@sn4g
shabbynot4gotten.blogspot.com