December Daily 2016



If you are not familiar with the December daily albums, it's a mini album of December. I bellieve it was started by Ali Edwards, http://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily . I cracked up after posting this when I realized my album for this year says 2006, wow! I fixed it after posting it, lol!


There's endless ways you can do a December daily album. Anywhere from creating an album from scratch to using a 2 ring binder, As I have here. 



There's really no end to how creative you can be with it! I save holiday event tickets and memorabilia to add to my album in a memorabilia pocket, or stick it to the page. 


I have also incorporated some clear pocket pages. I will put some pictures in the spaces on the pages and some in the photo pocket sleeves. 

 My style is to use anything and everything that catches my eye. I'm really not a matchy matchy kit gal! I do like kits, but I find you can use all kinds of things together without having to stick to a kit. So get creative and branch outside of that kit mentality! If you like it, use it! Challenge yourself!

I found when I was tight on funds, that was when I got the most creative!! See what you have in your stash or what memorabilia you've saved from past Christmases. Use tissue and wrapping paper.


Above I used a cute clipping I saved from a magazine add and a tag from clothes. Below I used a stamp I saved from a card I received. 

 I used a cute Starbucks gift card I kept and a candy wrapper from a holiday candy I love!


 I even mixed up the pages. The album I used was actually meant for spring and it came with coordinating pages. I keep the pages that could still work for Christmas and took out the really springy ones. Then added more pages I had. You could also easily make pages with cardboard or paper.

Some of the pages I used from a different album kit had different holes punched. I just punched new ones to make it fit this album. 


I used alphabet stickers, various stickers and embellishments from all different stickers I had, not just Christmas stuff. Don't limit yourself to the Christmas theme, other embellishments can work too!


 Remember to record notes from each day in December and add photos, even if it's not a Christmas event. It's fun to look back on the month as a whole. No one does Christmas stuff everyday!

I number each page with fun number stickers or embellishments to represent each day in December. 





 I like to put some sort of tab on each page because it looks cute and makes it easier to grab. Especially the short or weaker pages.

I love washi tape and like to accent my pages with it or use it for tabs. I also like using paper clips just to add a little something sticking out from the top of the page.

I believe most people end the December daily album at day 25. I decided to make mine through the whole month because sometimes we do fun stuff after Christmas too, so why not!

I love the Wood veneer and cork embellishments, I incorporated some of these on my pages as well.

One thing I came up with when I was low on fund that I have fallen in love with is, to save punches or purposely punch hole in small scraps and save them in a jar. I add in little embellishments, sequins, glitter and whatever I think would be cute. Shake the jar and simple apply with glue or glue dots to desired area. Free and so cute!! Also makes good shaker packets! Here's an example if you've never seen shaker packets https://www.pinterest.com/betsig/shake-it-baby-shake-it-shaker-pockets/
 I hope you are inspired and excited to go make a December daily album!! Be creative and have fun!!


Comments