Dip Dyed Tissue, Party Pom Poms

My oldest daughter and I were making these Tissue Paper Pom Poms for my youngest daughters birthday. I got the idea to dip the ends of the paper in food coloring. It turned out pretty well.

 Here's the link to the Pom Pom making directions we used. martha stewart pom-poms
I watered down the food coloring just a bit, it just depends on how strong you want the color.
 On my 2nd one I experimented with using a Q-tip dipped in full strength food coloring in a different color while the lighter color was still wet and let it bleed a bit. It turned out pretty cool!
 I tried separating the sheets of tissue paper both when it was still a bit wet and when it was almost dry. When it's wet is a bit tricky because it wants to stick together I ripped a couple petals doing it wet. I had better luck when it was almost dry, but it did stick a bit, so still had to be really careful.


Comments