Burlap Wedding Banners

I've been busy making burlap banners for a wedding I'm helping with. I've never made fabric banners before, but it was fun, can't wait to see how they look at the wedding next week! This is not all the banners, I think I made 11 total. 



 I had help cutting most of the triangles out. We folded the top over and sewed it and I strung jute string through to hand them. We also put some clear fabric glue along the edges to help prevent fraying. I tried spray painting on the stencils, but found the burlap just soaked it up and didn't show. So I ended up using a flat foam brush to dob the acrylic paint on each letter with a stencil. I attached the embellishments with hot glue and fabric glue.

 This sign will be held on a dowel and carried down the isle before the bride walks in, such a cute idea!



Comments

Sarah said…
You have been busy! 11 banners! What a lucky bride to have you in her decorating corner. These turned out so cute. I love them!
Chrystie said…
Thanks Sarah! :)