Shadowbox Picture

This is a 3D picture I made over a year ago and have been meaning to frame it. I loved this shadowbox style frame, it even came w/the shells, perfect! The only bad part was the mat was yellow, which totally didn't match my photo! I decided to paint it to match. I simply got out my 8 year old's cheep watercolors and painted blue over the yellow. I liked it, but I felt like it still needed something. So I used some brown acrylic paint and went around the edges you don't even see it in the frame and did some random brush strokes w/a foam brush on the blue. I'm really happy with how it turned out and that it matches now!!

Linking up here:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great idea! I have tons of matting laying around...I'm going to have to try this! Thanks!
It turned out great, Chrystie! How easy is that :)
Iris said…
Awesome idea, came out great!