From old cabinet door to chalk board

My hubby and I have really gotten into hitting up the local Re Store for the freebie section. You can find some pretty decent stuff in there Shhhhh, I don't want word to get out! :) So I found a couple free old cabinets and decided to turn them into chalk boards for my kiddos. I love quick & easy projects! Here's the before and afters.
 My son taped this one before I got the before picture. I was ok w/the help & not the picture. :)
 I really liked the look of this one & didn't know if I wanted to cover up the cool looking boards, but decided to go for it. My hubs cut a board to fit so it would be smooth for a chalk board.
 I simply sprayed on the chalk paint (next time I think I'll get the one you brush on, probably will make a better coat).
 Here's the finished chalk board for my girls room.
 A closer look at the detail.
The boys chalk board. Of coarse I had to test it out! :) I used the chalk pens, not sure how they erase yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Linking up here:
center>

Comments