Reflecting on my Top 10 Projects of 2010!

I joined these blogs in celebrating what I've accomplished this year! If you want to join in the fun, it's just a click away! :) Some of these ladies have blown me away w/all they got done! I will say I've not been blogging for long & really just figured things out more over the fall, so knowing that here's my crafty & home decor accomplishments for this year! 
Southern Hospitality
Savvy Southern Style
This is one of my all time favorite mini scrapbooks. I made this for a friend.
This is an old barn window my friend gave me. I loved it as it was when I got it white w/peeling paint & old looking, but it didn't show up on my white wall..sooo some green paint and a few hooks later...whalla! I love it w/the pictures in it too! 
Bellow is the kids chore chart. It's worked REALLY well! It was a plain board when I bought it. This is the finish project complete with canvas w/each of their pics on it, so I can keep track of who's on what chore! :) We rotate weekly. 
This is one of the sayings I've cut out of vinyl & added to my wall in my scrap room. This saying couldn't be MORE true about me!! I love it!! My kids will literally have the play by play of their life in pictures when they grow up! :) My hubby asked me, if we were going to need to add on to the house to store all my scrapbooks, ha ha! I think he was serious! 
I LOVED this metal wall hanging and couldn't wait to do something with it!! I finally got brave & cut out some vinyl to rub on it & I LOVE how it turned out! It's one of my faves I made this year! I also made one for a wedding gift.
This was a Wedding shower gift, but I just loved how it turned out & had fun making it! 
This scrap LO was called me being brave & creative! I NEVER put just 1 picture on a page, I take WAY too many pictures to do that!! One day I felt inspired to paint on a scrap book page & could it be no picture!!! Then I decided to make a page about me & my faves, which I also thought I'd never do! Anyway, I just had fun w/these pages & I'm glad I did them!
This is the before of a semi ugly bedside table w/potential. 
This is the after picture of a much better looking piece of furniture with an added shelf, making it perfect for what I had in mind.
Here's it is in use as a storage spot for my 4 kids home school workbook baskets! They each have their own now, perfect! 
This is what I call getting creative with what you have & helping the earth at the same time! I made this album out of can lids, why not??!! MY hubby looked at me like you're doing what?? As soon as I found out my crop a dile would pierce through a can lid, I knew I was in business! I've also started selling my mini scrapbooks this year, which is an accomplishment!

This was a fun end of the year accomplishment. I made this album out of paper coffee cups. I entered it in a contest at the Paper Zone & ... I WON!! I was SO excited, woohoo! That's my big excitement for the year. Just got my gift card prize in the mail a couple weeks ago!! 

This was my BIG project that got bigger then I imagined! It all started w/a challenge by my friend Sarah to clean up our scrap spaces. Then evolved w/my hubby's BIG idea & a vision to totally flip the house upside down & move ALMOST everything in our house to make it work better in the small space we have. So really this scrap room re-do is just a small snip it of what we've been up to this month! This scrap room clean up challenge was also my very 1st linky party, it was fun to have others join in & get their crafts spaces cleaned up! It's nice to get storage & organization ideas too!! Thanks to those that joined in the fun! 
BEFORE.....
This used to be my work space, now it's a wall O storage! I now moved my computer desk on the opposing wall & will soon be adding a desk in the closet. We took the doors off just so I could! So I now have much more space for my stuff!! 
This is the AFTER!
My latest fun new project was making these yarn wrap letters for Christmas gifts! They are time consuming, but fun! 
Hope you enjoyed my review of projects this year & maybe even got some inspiration or ideas! :) Happy New Year!
Linking up to these parties!
southern hospitality

Comments

Great projects, Chrystie. Thanks so much for sharing these at the party! I hope you will join again with any makeovers next year.
I popped over and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed looking at all your creations. I love to make books, but never seem to have the time. I have marked you as a favorite and can't wait to see some of your new creations. Stop by and visit. Wishing you a blessed New Year.
Sherry
Sarah said…
I love how these turned out. I have been meaning to try some. It is a really cute idea. I think it would be cute with pink yard over letters to put above a baby girl's crib!
Sarah said…
Okay, I meant to post the above comment on your post about just the yarn letters. Oops!
You have done some really cute projects this year! I recognize that window....I think I did a couple of those too. :) lol