Join me in organizing your craft space!! Show us what you've got!

After a good week of working on my scrap area, it is totally transformed (thanks to my hubby w/the brilliant idea of more storage space)!!! I love having an organized hubby! :) We just took storage we already had, but weren't putting to good use and moved it to the big wall in my scrap space. (This is formerly where I had a big 6' table and was my scrapping space). We moved my computer desk w/the computer where I use to have storage w/my cricut and scrapbooks on it. I'm currently looking for a desk to put in my closet where we now have taken the doors off and this will be my new scrapping space. We moved all my scrapbooks out of boxes and here and there where I had them sprinked onto a bookshelf that was down stairs in the kids room. Now all my scrapbooks are where they can be looked at. That pic is bellow where I showed the "teaser" pic. This all rolled in to totally redoing our whole house!! I homeschool and we made the tv area into the kids school room and totally turned the kids room upside down, rearanging, purging, organizing... So this simple clean up your scrap space turned into totally redo, organize and get rid of thing in the whole house!! We are LOVING it and it was team effort! The whole fam was in on it, it's been great! I'm really excited about all the change and looking forward to living in a more peaceful home w/less clutter & know where things go!! All I can say is Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! It feels great!
Before...

After...

Before...


After...





Teaser...
This is not my scrap room, however some other areas of the house have been getting shifted as a result of my HUGE change in my scrap room... This is the wall in our eating area and used to be home for my computer desk & computer. It is now the storage place for my 40+ scrapbooks!! I moved my pictures higher and added the Established in 1997 wall hanging I made w/my cricut like 6 months ago, but have had no place to hang it, till now!!! I'm really excited about how everything is turning out and giving me LOTS more space, but just simple re-aranging, who knew!! :) Can't wait to see what you ladies have been up to!




My friend Sarah at http://forevernewlyweds.blogspot.com/ recently approched me w/a challenge to organize our scrap spaces. I decided to make it a challenge for anyone who wants to join us. So take some before and after pictures and show us your scrap space transformation! It can be anything from tidying up to totally redoing your space. As for me I have plans in action for BIG change! The holidays are approaching fast we can all use our craft spaces for our card and gift making...So linky to my party and we'll see what you've been up to!

You have a whole week, till next Friday the 27th to post your before and after shots. So linky us to your blog so we can see your before's and linky us again next week by Friday so we can see your after photos!!

**P.S. My new friend Gypsy had a good point we have T-Day in a few days and people are busy, so I just extended my "Clean your space" linky party to Friday Dec 4. You can post yours at anytime you are ready before then! Go girls!!**

I'm linking up to these parties...





Creations by Kara









My Craftie Life


Comments

GypSea Rose said…
I just started working on my craft space. But I'll be gone for the holidays. I'd love to join you though if you extend this another week.
Chrystie said…
I did extend it for you Gypsy! Thanks for bringing up the Thanksgiving Holiday! :) I look forward to seeing everyones redone/reorganized spaces!! Just in time to make room for making gifts for the holidays! :)
Sarah said…
Wow Chrystie, I LOVE it! Nice arranging everything. It looks great! Is your computer in the office now? Can't wait to see your new scrap space!
Chrystie said…
Yes, Sarah my computer is in the office now. Where's your entry lady??!! :) Was this not your idea?? I know you've been busy w/that new camera of yours. Have you been working on your organizing?? Are you waiting to post the before & after's together??
Sarah said…
I am almost ready to post my before and afters. I will link up soon. Where are your afters???
Chrystie said…
Yay, Sarah! Can't wait to see what you've done! I know you were excited to get your space cleaned up! :)

Gypsy, are you still joining us?? I'd love to see your craft space before & afters too! The more the merrier! :) Plus it gives us good ideas for storage!
Wow! You are brave. I would be scared to show anyone my craftroom. I don't think it's that bad because I know where to find everything but my family just rolls their eyes when they walk by. Ha ha
Thank you for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.
Chrystie said…
Ha ha! It's a craft room, it's supposed be messy! :) I just wanted to clean mine up to have room to craft for the holidays & figured may as well invite others to do the same! I hope to post my after pics by Wed. but my linky party goes till Friday, feel free to join! Don't be shy, the point is to have a messy craft room, then oooh & aahhh over the amazing clean up job! :) Plus get ideas on how to organize things in our craft room, that will maybe help them stay put...hmmm or at least for a while! (wink) ;)
Jessica said…
That's what my craft room looks like! :) I actually organized mine today and it feels like a breath of fresh air! I'm your newest follower--hope you'll check my blog out and follow back:
www.homeandholidaykeepsakes.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Chrystie said…
Jessica, lol! Don't all our craft rooms look like this! If only we found a magic want we could wave to keep them that way! :) I did check out your blog & I am now your newest follower! Thanks for following me & checking me out! :)
Chrystie said…
Nice job Sarah!! I'm so glad you decided brave up & post your before & afters!! :) It looks SO much better! I can just feel the relaxed vibes coming through the computer! :) Aaaaahhhhh. Love how you used your crates! I'm trying to figure out where I want to use mine now. :) You beat me to it, way to go! Good use of your space!
Chrystie said…
OK, ladies!!! Here it is my mostly finished scrap room! I'm waiting for that desk on craigslist to finish it off. I still have to go through everything & get rid of ect.. I have so much stuff it'll probably take me several more weeks. But I was spread thin b/c it turned into redoing the whole house! I'm happy about that & just glad I have a good base & dirrection on where to go now! I'm VERY happy w/my new scrap room! I hope everyone has enjoyed the challenge! You still have till tomorrow to post if you haven't yet! Thanks for participating in my 1st ever linky party! :)
Sarah said…
Wow lady! Awesome job! I can't wait until I am over your way again so I can see it all. I bet you can't wait to get the table so you can have a surface to scrap on. Why are you getting a new table? Will the 6 foot one not fit in the new spot?
Your transformation looks amazing! Great job! And awesome that your scrapbooks are out where they can be enjoyed now!
Chrystie said…
Thanks! :) Yeah, the desk or table will go in the closet. We took the doors off, so it would just be open & the doors weren't taking up extra space. I need a surface that is less then 30" x 50", so my 6' table it too long! I can't wait to show it to you! Maybe in the Spring if we do the scrap getaway & see the tulip fields! :)
Melissa said…
That looks so great. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.
Chrystie said…
Sure! Thanks for looking! :) I'm still learning the ropes of blogging, but these linky parties are great for getting ideas, I'm lovin it!! :)
Wow, it looks great! :D
I have some empty walls in my craft room that i can also use to put up some shelving or storage space - it's not being used purposefully anyways! But, i don't quite need that much storage yet, i only have a fraction of the goodies you have over there, hehe (i'm still kinda a new *serious* crafter, and only beginning to collect all these cool crafting goodies).
As for scrapbooking, i don't even attempt to do that on my tables (i don't have a really big table), so i scrap on the floor, where i can lay out all my stickers and pages and other goodies and embellishments all around me and i can easily see what i have to work with. Works for me! :)